ONE EAST 15TH PLACE
A Customized Approach in an Urban High-Rise Community:
One East 15th Place located in Chicago’s South Loop neighborhood, which offers nearby grocery shopping, children parks, playgrounds, several dog runs, and a large dog park with many community activities regularly occurring. Additionally, One East 15th Place offers easy commuting into Chicago’s loop and museum campus, which includes the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Grant Park and Soldier Field. The structure rises 23 stories with a total of 143 residences.
Controlling access has been a on going concern while safety in the neighborhood has improved over the recent years. The building is located in a very active urban environment, which required the need for alert door staff to aid in controlling access within the property, as well as other duties. The property is a cooperative; with a elected board of resident directors who have a direct influence on the properties management, upkeep, and capital projects. The board of director’s explained their need to have professional and friendly front desk service who will assist in maintaining a secure location and safe keeping of deliveries until the recipient has received the item.
Semper Fi Doorman was brought in to provide professional doorman services to control access to the premises, coordinate package delivery logistics, and other facility administration activities.
- Front Desk Service: Like most high rise communities, Chicago residents often build a special relationship with their door attendants. Not only are they an ambassador to the community, but regularly assist in a number of daily actions which make community living enjoyable. Door staff activities include screening and logging guests, announcing to residents of guest arrivals, safe handling and storage of packages, and reporting property incidents. Semper Fi Doorman offers trained employees who are equipped to handle these occurrences.
- Appearance: By understanding the needs of the customer we are able to provide uniforms such as suits that provide a professional appearance to represent your property.
- Property Organization and Communication: With Semper Fi Doorman teaming up with Concierge Plus a true secure solution to property management and communication was established at One East 15th Place. Door staff utilizes tablets to conveniently access resident information to perform the following tasks: enter delivered packages and electronically notify residents, screen arriving guests, follow unit entry forms, manage building parking spaces, and instantly prepare incident reports to property managers.
- Proven accountability – In 2015 Semper Fi Doormen handled 15,983 packages throughout the year without incident.
- Our selected and trained staff easily transitioned into the new building. immediately they developed a positive evolving relationship with the residents. The residents have become very fond of this relationship with the door staff mentioning the location has been searching for this type of door staff solution for the last 7 years.
- Utilizing veterans has allowed for door staff to relate to many residents. Residents have noticed the increased level the level of self discipline, awareness of the surroundings, maintaining a clean and professional appearance and work space.
- The building utilized the old logbook method of accountability. In just a short period of time a new digital system allowed for log books to be discontinued and the introduction of tablets. With a seamless transition of nearly 350 current residents onto the system the building has greatly improved its image, accountability and resident interaction.
- The use of a digital system allows for improved time management; more attention is now refocused on residents & guests interaction as well as increased alertness.